Patchwork: Safari Party Baby Quilt


So, the baby quilt is finished! Once I finally got started, the quilt top didn't take very long at all - squares are so easy. My original intentions for this quilt was to also add in a pop of pink, but as I hadn't even started it when my friend's baby was born, and it was a boy, I ditched the pink, and I'm glad. The green and navy Safari Party prints work really well with the mint and the pink would have spoiled it (there are other colourways which would have worked well with it).


I thought I had more backing fabric than I actually did, so it has a nifty "design feature" on the back! My husband thinks I should do all my quilts like this, and I have to say, I do quite like it.

I used the recycled plastic quilt batting that I bought for Lloyd and Lola. I really like the weight of it, but it does tend to stretch out of shape a bit more than any other batting I have used.


The quilting is all stitch-in-the-ditch. There is no use me pretending I am ever going to be able to do anything fancier, but I'm okay with that. I didn't bind it either, because I always feel that with something that you want to be able to chuck in the washing machine frequently that it will stand up to a bit more wear and tear this way. So, I machine sew the backing to the quilt top on three full sides and a little way into each side of the end, flip it round, tuck the ends in and hand sew it closed.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. Ha! I too made a simple baby quilt this week, and I too had to add a nifty design feature in the back. Mind you, I generally do that in all my quilts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts