Sew: August 2018

Not sure why (and it isn't because I don't have enough to do already) but I have been suddenly inspired to get sewing again. It is possibly because the pressure of work is totally overwhelming at the moment and although flopping on the sofa is exactly what I want to do when I get home at night, it doesn't give me enough distraction from thinking about work all the bloody time!! 



It may also be because I had coffee with a friend and her beautiful little baby boy this weekend, for whom I bought the Safari Party fabric before he was born, and it has been sat in the spare room just waiting for me to feel motivated! So, Project Safari Party has begun: fabric all cut and ready to be sewn up. I think this will be a quick sew as it's just a straight square patchwork blanket. 

I'm in love with the fabric. The colours are really intense, and there are some subtle gold shiny bits too. Gotta love it!




My second project is an autumnal cape. I've traced out the pattern from an old Burda magazine and have ordered some lovely pale blue wool blend fabric. Anyone else find that their eyes literally boggle trying to locate the correct lines on those crazy Burda patterns? I'm a little daunted by sewing with wool (think I may call this Project Cape Fear 😉), but the fabric wasn't super expensive so I'm happy to give it a whirl.





I am currently watching the second series of The Handmaids Tale, and whilst it was very tempting to order a dark teal wool for the cape, I am not ready to be Mrs Waterford any time yet!

What's on your sewing table?

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts