Life: February 2018

Wow, my working life is now so busy that time to spend sewing is rare. I took on a new role in August as System Administrator and am overseeing the migration to a new housing management system. However, I work for a fab organisation and this week spent a fairly surreal evening at the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies event in London. It was our first year of entering and we were over the moon to come in 10th in the Not for Profit category.


I'm on the left!

This year, I have set myself a challenge of walking 1000 miles, and this has had a set back when I contracted a chest infection a couple of weeks ago. After my spell in hospital in 2014 with pneumonia and sepsis, I was taking no chances and walking has taken a back seat. It was great to be back out in the cold, crisp air today though, and I'm feeling fully recovered.




My Quiltalong 2017 quilt top is now finished. I'm really considering using this as a wall hanging rather than a throw. I am now looking forward to getting back to the Lloyd and Lola quilt.




Finally, my husband and I went to a brilliant pottery session at Barrington Pottery last weekend and threw some pots. We can collect them in a few weeks and I will do a more in depth post then.

Love
Mrs Jones x





Comments

Popular Posts