Home: Dining Room Refresh

We are finally tackling some of the long overdue decorating jobs in our house. My husband (bless him) has spent a fair portion of his summer holiday decorating the lounge and dining room. I am particularly pleased with the dining room.

After


The location of the dining room is in the apex between kitchen and lounge, and also holds the only doors to the back garden, so has become more of a thoroughfare over the years. 

Before

We have played with the furniture in this room over the years, adding a rocking chair, a subbuteo board (don't even ask) and a bookcase which just looked awful in there. It is a dark room, and although this seems contrary to perceived wisdom, I opted for dark paint colours: if the light isn't there in the first, let's just embrace dark and dramatic!




The walls are painted in Dulux Pebble Shore and Sapphire Salute. The latter is the only wall which I painted - I have a steadier hand! I love the blue - it gives good coverage and the colour is really rich.



I fell in love with this picture as I walked past the shop window. It's from a new shop in Bridgwater which sells a range of new and refurbished furniture and furnishings (see below).

Love how the colour from the kitchen goes so well with the dining room.

Carpets will be ordered shortly...and shortly after that, Atticus will probably trash them...

Who me?

Love Mrs Jones x

Sources: 
Furniture: The Old Creamery (not new)
Lamp: B&Q (not new)
Curtains: Dunelm 

Comments

  1. Looks fabulous, it is amazing the difference a lick of paint can make. I love the dark blue feature wall. Love Atticus too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts