Patchwork: Quilt-a-long 2017 - Star and Cross and Quilt Barn Trail

The Fat Quarter Shop's April block, Star and Cross, was one of the most fiddly and complicated I think I have ever sewn. We are talking little patches of fabric 1 1/2 inches square!! No wonder it took me so long to finish them.



However, they do look really pretty and I am glad I went for a solid mustard fabric given the scale of the block pattern.


It's always so much easier when I have help!!

This has put me a bit behind, but thankfully block 5 is much more straightforward. My other blocks are here: one, two and three.



Whilst I was in Canada earlier this month, we started to follow the Ryde Quilt Barn Trail in Muskoka. I have never heard of a quilt barn trail before, so was intrigued. Unfortunately, shortly into the trail the road was closed so we only spotted four of the barns.


Does anyone know of any quilt barn trails in the UK?

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts