Patchwork: Finished: September Blue Quilt

Way back in the Summer of 2014, I won a fat quarter bundle of September Blue fabric from Celtic Fusion Fabric. Well that fabric has been sat for a fair amount of time just waiting to be made into something special.


I confess that I actually finished the quilt top back in the Spring, but as I have plans for a new quilt, this spurred me on to actually getting on and completing it!


I quilted very simply in columns in pink thread. As the quilt is for a friend's daughter, I went with the easier option of using no binding - sewed by machine on three sides, turned right way out and hand finished with slip stitching. The other quilts that I have sewn using this method are really sturdy and have been able to handle a lot of wear and can be thrown in the washing machine.


The photos have been taken on location as part of the West Deane Way walk.

My next patchwork project is a quilt for my son to take with him to university - more to follow!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. Love the colours you have combined here. I really must finish my quilt top that I have upstairs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts