Patchwork: Plans 2016

I didn't get an awful lot of sewing done last year, but already have quite a few plans for this year.

Currently making...

I have started (finally) on a quilt using the Dashwood September Blue fat quarter stack that I have now had for too long.


So, the whole stack has been cut into rectangles ready for pairing together into squares which will have some white sashing between. My original plans were something with quite largescale pieces as the features prints are quite large, so my rectangles are 24cm x 12cm.


I am currently whizzing through the initial chain-piecing, and am hoping that it will be quite a quick and easy quilt.

Patchwork Plans 2016

I have recently discovered Freshly Pieced's blog and have a huge crush on this Moroccan Lanterns pattern:

Moroccan Lanterns PDF Pattern - Freshly Pieced Quilt Patterns - 1
Image Source: Freshly Pieced

I really want to get my hands on a copy of Nancy Purvis' book Quilting from Every Angle. Her quilts are modern and really fresh. I particularly like Fossil and Vertebrae.



I am also on the lookout for a raccoon quilt block - can anyone recommend one?

What are your patchwork and quilting plans for 2016?

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts