Craft: The Holly and The Ivy Christmas Card

Fantastic Ribbons have kindly sent me a couple of rolls of their new Christmas ribbons, which are in stock now. I chose a gorgeous green The Holly & The Ivy - see below, and a Nordic feel "Do not open before 25th December" which I am planning to do a feature post on later in the month.

I mentioned earlier that I was going to crack on with my Christmas cards in October, and I thought this would be an ideal use for some of this lovely ribbon. 



Materials Used
Card blanks with envelopes
Fabric scraps: green from Aspen Frost, and red from Winter's Lane
Sequins (or small buttons)
Gold holly leaves (you could also use felt)
Natural hemp cord
Satin Holly & Ivy Ribbon
Glue (I prefer to use glue dots) and small white stickers
Rotary cutter or scissors

1. First, select and cut a rectangle of your red fabric with your rotary cutter. Press the fabric with an iron. Using some red embroidery thread, carefully sew the gold holly leaves in the top right corner of the rectangle, and sew on your sequins, overlapping them to create the berries.

2. Then cut a slightly larger rectangle from the green fabric. Press the fabric with an iron. Use glue dots to secure neatly onto your card.

3. Use glue dots to secure the red fabric on top of the green fabric. Smooth out any wrinkles.


4. Cut two lengths of hemp cord so that there is enough to stretch onto the reverse of the card. Iron out any kinks. Secure one end on the reverse of the card front with a white sticker. Stretch the cord taut down the card front and secure the other end in the same manner.


5. Finally, trim your ribbon, add some glue dots and affix to the card.


Don't forget to check back later this month to see what I do with my other roll of ribbon!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. This is so lovely and will look fabulous on someone's mantle. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts