Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts Show 2014

On Friday, I popped along to the Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts show down at Westpoint, Exeter. It was a crafter's paradise, with stalls selling almost every conceivable item on your crafting wishlist. I went along with a firm budget in my head - you know how easy it is to get carried along by needing this bit of fabric or that die for your Sissix machine! And, I am proud to say that my purchases were very restrained and I kept totally within budget!


I bought the acrylic teardrop pendants from the Pinflair stand (although I can't locate the pendants on their website), which come apart and can be filled with sweets or decorated. I will be doing something Christmassy in them, but no real ideas yet!

The Christmas ribbons were from Crafty Ribbons, and there were some fabulous ones to choose from. They also had a great Advent Calendar kit.


I indulged in a purchase of just 1 metre of this gorgeous home dec weight fabric from Fabrics Galore. I have been lusting after some map fabric for ages, and I just had to have it! Again, I have no real idea what I am going to do with it - possibly some cushions, although I am also thinking it would make an awesome lampshade!

There were so many other stands, but a few really stood out for me: the Michael Powell Art stand sold amazing cross stitch kits in a variety of sizes, and all very original; the Storage 4 Crafts display was awesome - if money was no object (ha!) I could have bought one of their amazing foldaway craft units; and the Bexton Cheese (slightly incongruous to a hobby show) was delicious (I may have tried quite a few flavours...)!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts