Gardening Utility Bag

I found this great project on the Sew Magazine website to make a gardening set { gardening bag and kneeler}, and thought this would make a good present for my mum. You do need to register to access the project, but it is free to do so, and you don't have to subscribe to the magazine.

The fabric used in the original project were a selection from Cath Kidston. I have used a grey home furnishing weight fabric from Clark & Clark, and lined it with a grey quilting weight cotton. However an oilcloth fabric would probably be more practical.

I have never made a bag like this and it took me a while to work out the box pleat pockets - there are eight of them in total!

Before giving the bag away,  I stuffed the pockets with seeds, seed markers and twine.
The finished bag is actually quite spacious, and with the addition of a concealed rectangle of cardboard means it is quite sturdy too.

The instructions were not very clear, but once you change the reference to floral fabric and spotty fabric to bag and pockets - it works a lot better.

I think it is a great project for summer and you can vary the fabric choices to make one for a man - I'm thinking Khaki & Cream?

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. I'm loving it. The words mother-in-law and christmas come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - it would be a great Christmas gift.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts