I selected some navy, red and blue buttons of varying shapes and stacked them in piles of two or three, making an approximate colour pattern. Then I threaded them on to 7-strand Beadalon stringing wire. This was much more difficult than it suggests, as the wire tended to spring back and once strung, it was difficult to gauge the correct spacing for the next stack of buttons.
I finished off with a scarlet bead, a crimp and toggle clasp.
In my second bracelet, I selected neutral colours such as greens, brown and creams, mixing in a wooden button and some mother of pearl. I threaded these with a green leather thong, which was much easier to manipulate, and off the wrist, results in a much flatter bracelet. I had to ensure that the buttons I used had larger holes. To finish off, I made a loop in the thong and threaded the end back through the last button. This then hooks over the first button stack to make a clasp!